I hate the large pores on my face. I feel like you can see them from a mile away. You know the ones I’m talking about. They are usually on and around the nose, chin, and forehead. I’ll try anything to get rid of them or shrink their appearance. Just the name of dr. brandt’s product line – pores no more® – sounded so promising. I had to experience these products for myself to see if they could help me.
dr. brandt® skincare
According to the dr. brandt website, the pores no more collection for oily and combination skin will render large pores invisible. These unique formulas unclog, refine, and minimize pores, control excess oil, and mattify shine.
I used the following pores no more products:
- pores no more cleanser: A non-drying, pore refining cleanser that uses the power of tea tree oil, willow bark and salicylic acid to dissolve impurities and decongest pores, leaving skin with a fresh, ultra-clean sensation.
- pores no more refiner: This silky, smooth formula glides onto clean skin or on top of makeup leaving an un-tinted, powder finish that instantly hides the appearance of pores and mattifies shine.
- pores no more vacuum cleaner: This gentle exfoliating mask helps loosen and extract blackheads without painful extraction tools while absorbing oil and tightening pores.
- pores no more pore effect: This pore refining cream contains salicylic acid to stimulate cellular turnover and clean pores, while tea tree and rosemary penetrate pores to eliminate blockage.
- pores no more cleanser: Apply on damp skin to form a rich lather. Rinse well with warm water. Avoid eyes. Use am and pm.
- pores no more pore refiner: Use am after cleansing. Re-apply throughout the day as necessary.
- pores no more vacuum cleaner: After cleansing, apply a thin layer to areas of concern. Avoid eyes. Leave on 5 to 10 minutes until dry and product turns light blue. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- pores no more pore effect: After cleansing, apply to face. Use am and/or pm.
pores no more cleanser: WATER (AQUA), SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, DISODIUM OLEAMIDO MEA-SULFOSUCCINATE, COCAMIDE MEA, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, CITRIC ACID, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF OIL, SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SALICYLIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, LAURETH-10
pores no more pore refiner: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, METHYL METACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, METHYLPARABEN, LAURYL METHICONE COPOLYOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF OIL, SILICA, DIMETHYL OXOBENZO DIOXASILANE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
pores no more vacuum cleaner: WATER (AQUA), SILICA, BENZYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ALCOHOL DENAT., XANTHAN GUM, METHYL LACTATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PPG-26 BUTETH-26, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, SALICYLIC ACID, ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE, PEG-23 GLYCERYL DISTEARATE
pores no more pore effect: WATER (AQUA), ISOSTEARYL LINOLEATE, C12-15 ALKYL, ETHYLHEXANOATE, ISOSTEARYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, BIS-DIGLYCERYL, POLYACYLADIPATE-2, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL,, SORBITAN STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINIUM SILICATE, MELALEUCA, ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF OIL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL,, SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF, OIL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, ALLYL METHACRYLATES, CROSSPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, SORBIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA
- pores no more cleanser: 3.5 fl oz – $35.00
- pores no more pore refiner: 1 fl oz – $45.00
- pores no more vacuum cleaner: 1 oz – $45.00
- pores no more pore effect: 1.7 oz – $55.00
I’m not going to lie. I had high hopes for dr. brandt’s pores no more products. I used the cleanser, refiner, vacuum cleaner, and effect cream as directed for approximately one month.
dr. brandt’s pores no more pore effect cream felt great on my skin. It was rich and very moisturizing yet it didn’t leave my skin feeling greasy. I used it every day morning and night in conjunction with the other pores no more products.
I used the pores no more vacuum cleaner two times a week in the evening. This mask is very drying and really tightens the skin. After using the vacuum cleaner, I swear my acne was a little better the very next morning. But, once again, the size of my pores and appearance of my pores and blackheads did not change at all.
I wore dr. brandt’s pores no more pore refiner over my primer and foundation. This product did help with oil absorption and the shiniest of my skin, but I could still see my pores even though my makeup and the refiner.
After using these four pores no more products for almost a month, I saw no change in the size of my pores. I also still had the same clogged blackheads on my nose and chin.
|pores no more cleanser:|
|Dissolves oil, impurities, & debris||Yes|
|Controls excess oil||No|
|Exfoliates dead skin cells||No|
|pores no more pore refiner:|
|Hides & refines pores||No|
|Instantly mattifies shine||Yes|
|Absorbs excess oil & helps regulate oil production||Yes|
|Smoothes & evens skin’s appearance||Yes|
|pores no more vacuum cleaner:|
|Extracts dirt & excess oil||Yes|
|Unclogs & tightens pores||No|
|Exfoliates and softens skin’s texture||Yes|
|pores no more pore effect:|
|Controls excess oil||No|
|Fights bacteria||Unable to determine|
|Prevents clogged pores||No|